cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 2013 couldn't see C: to backup

minhcorp
Level 3

I did download System Recovery 2013 on symantec website, try to boot System Recovery 2013 on HP DL 380p G8(Installed Windows 2008 R2), take a backup but unforternaterly for me, the System Recovery 2013 doesn't appear System C:, they only display System reserved 100MB

Please help us to slove the problem

Thanks,

12 REPLIES 12

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Instead of booting from SSR CD and taking a backup , install SSR 2013 on the machine and check if you are able to view the C:

minhcorp
Level 3

Hi,

I try to install SSR 2013 on the machine, connect SSR 2013 to backup machine(successful) but i cannot see the C: Driver or D: Driver only see System reserved 100MB

Thanks,

minhcorp
Level 3

The SSR 2013 install on windows 2008 R2, the backup machine using windows 2008 R2

criley
Employee Accredited

Please run PartInfo.exe from the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Utility

Then attach the output file here for review. This should give us some clues..

minhcorp
Level 3

Hi Chris,

Attachment is partinfo

criley
Employee Accredited

Here is the problem:

WARNING: Partition above extends beyond the end of disk.

The simple way to fix this is to reduce the partition by a small amount (i.e. 100MB). You can do this using disk management in 2008 R2. Once that is done, either reboot the server or restart the SSR service.

Hope that helps.

minhcorp
Level 3

Hi Chris,

How maximum size of partition that SSR can backup in this case ?

criley
Employee Accredited

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173758

But this is not your problem. There is an issue with the partition boundary - as per my previous comment.

minhcorp
Level 3

Hi Chris,

My Disk C: only 100G, SSR still affect to this amount ?

Thanks,

Minh

minhcorp
Level 3

"There is an issue with the partition boundary", i dont know the axactly problem, please explain more

Maybe SSR product not compability with HP DL380p G8

minhcorp
Level 3

Hi Chris,

Please kindly check for me the problem "There is an issue with the partition boundary"

Thanks,

criley
Employee Accredited

As I mentioned in an earlier comment, try reducing the partition (volume) size by a small amount (100MB). Then either reboot the server or restart the SSR service. More often than not, this fixes this type of issue.