cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

System Recovery 6.5 agent deploy always "Attempt to copy package failed"

Rob_Stacey
Not applicable
Hi,
I've got the trial version of 6.5 downloaded from the site and installed everything.
I can't get the agent to deploy at all. If I try and deploy to any machine (always XP SP2) it gives the error in the title. The help suggests that there are files locked from a previous install, this can't be the case as it happens on the first attempt to any machine. This is a domain environment and I'm logged in to the server and client as a domain admin, I use a domain admin account in the deploy credentials window. RemoteCmdSvr.exe starts briefly on the destination client but immediately stops and the server then throws up the error message.
I had tried an upgrade from LSR 6.0 (which deployed agents fine) but that wouldn't communicate with pre-existing agents. So I scrubbed the server completely (reinstalled OS etc and put a clean install of v6.5 on it.) I also scrubbed a client machine totally and am still having the same issue.
Looking through the folders on the server I can't see much in the way of agent files to be deployed. What am I missing?
Further details. GPO in the domain turns the XP firewall off, I can connect to \\computername\admin$ and usual network connectivity (ping etc) is fine.
Cheers for any helpMessage was edited by:
Rob Stacey
0 REPLIES 0