cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 7.01 Manager failed while installing client without user interface.

Usuph_2
Level 3
Hello All,

I ınstall System Recovery 7.01 Manager to a server. By using EASY INSTALLER I installed the system recovery to 3 servers I had no problem but in one server I failed while installing. Easy installer starts while extracting files it gives this error. The Symantec Software installation failed. You can review the log file at : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery Manager\EasyInstaller

there is a log that includes this:

2007-09-06 11:09:02  [SYSER] [CleanupTempFiles         ] - Failed to delete the file: C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery Manager\EasyInstaller\BootStrap.exe LastError 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

The server is Win2003 R2 Serice Pack2  and Exchange 2007 is installed on it.

How can I solve this problem

Kind Regards
Yusuf

2 REPLIES 2

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Does the error occur rather early in the easy installer process?

This error can occur when the easy installer application is unable to resolve the target server's hostname to its IP address.

What happens if you download the easy installer at the client again, when accessing the servers download center page by it's IP address?  It would be something like: https://<IPaddress>:8443/downloadcenter

Alternatively, you could create a custom easy installer package that only uses the servers IP address instead of its hostname.  You would do this using the following steps:

- On the BESR Manager console, click Tools then Options
- Click on the Easy Installers section
- On the right pane, click Create
- Choose the packages to be included in the easy installer package (probably BESR and Management Control)
- Click Next
- Choose whether the package should include the client UI or not and click Next
- Choose a name for the easy installer and additional options and choose Next
- Check the box under IP Address to specify the IP address the easy installer will use to contact the server
- Complete the easy installer wizard

Sometimes using the IP address in this way will allow the easy installer package to connect to the server successfully.

Thanks.

Usuph_2
Level 3
Hello Bill,

I did it, it is working. thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards
Yusuf