cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery Error E1AD78A5

Kruug
Level 2

I am getting Error E1AD78A5 when attempting to setup a new backup using Symantec System Recovery 2011 Desktop Edition, 10.0.1.41704

The exact error screen is: 

I get this in the Define Backup Wizard, on the screen where you set the Backup Destination.  It does not allow me to put in a username and/or password, but I am able to map a location.

This is on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine.  Many other machines in our organization that have the same configuration have worked without this error.

7 REPLIES 7

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please try the mention steps in thread below & then check,

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/cannot-retieve-backup-job-properties-0#M3011

If the steps in that link also does not work then try installing SP3 for SSR 2011, reboot the machine and check if they get the same issue

Still If you get the same issue
1. Open a command window(Open Command Window as a Administrator)

2. Type cd\

3. Type cd Program Files(x86)\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Shared

4. Type regsvr32 /s EventMonitors.dll NotifyHandler.dll VProAuto.dll VProObj.dll VProProgress.dll VProScheduler.dll

Hope that helps

Thanks

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Any updates?

Kruug
Level 2

I apologise.  Due to my work load these past few days, I have been unable to try the above solution.  I will return as soon as I am able to try the fix.

Kruug
Level 2

This did not work.  The instructions were for Windows XP, but the user is running Windows 7 (I apologize if I forgot to mention that).

The location of the files from the forum link were not right, nor did I find anything similar when looking through the other AppData folders.

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Is this resolved ?

Kruug
Level 2

This is not.  I tried the instructions posted by the others, but they did not fix the issue.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Use LiveUpdate to put your installation onto the latest build (10.0.3). See if this resolves the issue.