cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery Renewal

BJB
Level 5

My licenses are up for renewal for System Recovery which are used to backup Window PC's.

I did not get an email with links to renew so if interested do I just go to a site that sells and copy over the license info from the Veritas website?

Is there a renewal process more integrated with the license manager on the Veritas website?

Also, I looked at the readme for what was new in 21 and all it really said was windows compatability and some server item.  Is there a list of new features/changes/fixes?

Thanks,

BJB

4 REPLIES 4

akihiro1
Employee

What's new for VSR 21:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/VSR_21_Release_Notes_EN

• Qualification of Microsoft Windows 10, version 1909 and Windows Server, version 1909 from Veritas
System Recovery 21
• Qualification of Microsoft Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows 10, version 1909 from Veritas
System Recovery 21 management Solution
• Qualification of ESXi 7.0 (vSphere 7.0) from Veritas System Recovery 21
• RESTful Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) support to perform few Veritas System Recovery
operations on a Remote Machine using any API application or interface.
• Symantec Management Platform 8.5 RU3 support for Management Solution
• Linux Operating Systems (RHEL 8.0) support with Veritas System Recovery Linux Edition

Thanks, yes that is exactly what I saw in the readme. I did not see anything in that list from a usability standpoint. When programs jump numbers I usually expect to see big changes, wanted to make sure I did not miss anything.  This looks like compatibility with current windows versions, etc..

Can you assist with my main licensing question from above?

My licenses are up for renewal for System Recovery which are used to backup Window PC's.

I did not get an email with links to renew so if interested do I just go to a site that sells and copy over the license info from the Veritas website?

Is there a renewal process more integrated with the license manager on the Veritas website?

Thanks,

BJB

akihiro1
Employee

Hi,

I expect for "RESTful Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) support" that has implemented since VSR 21. As of now I understand that it is not easy for general users to fully use the feature.

However I hope that how to confirm the backup status on all VSR machines or how to deploy backup jobs by the enhancement may be easier than the current VSR monitor or management solution in near future.

On the other hand, I am sorry that I do not know who is responsible for the renewal as of now.
I already begin contacting some persons who may have the responsibility.
If I find one of them, the person will directly answer or I will copy their comments to this thread. 

akihiro1
Employee

I internally contacted some persons. One of them would like to know detailed info. Could you ask Customer Care team from below? You can select your region from "Select Region".

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/contact-us