cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery Scheduling!

BackupWizards
Level 2

Hello All,

One thing has been bugging me for a while now with System Recovery, how it schedules backups?

Does anybody know a way to make the sceduling more advanced, for example being able to get it to backup on a specific day of the month?

Your help is greatly apreciated.

Many Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
If you want to schedule a backup outside of what the GUI is allowing you to do, such as kicking a backup off at your own designated time, this can be accomplished through by scripting the command. There is an example of scripts on the installation CD-ROM. The path is BESR853_AllWin_Multilingual_Prod\Docs\Automation\index.html. One of the examples is the information you would need to create volume backup images. Obviously you would have to launch the script outside of BESR.

marcogsp
Level 6
I think you can accomplish this in the scheduling section of the job setup.  In the Start a new recovery point set (base) section choose Monthly and then hit the Custom button.  You should be able pick the day(s) of the month you wish to fire off the job.

If you use the scripting option to define the job schedule, you have to take into account that "counting begins at zero" so when setting the day parameter, 0 is the first day, 1 is the second day ............ I believe 30 is always tha last day, but I would have to recheck the documentation to be sure. 

I personally use a VBS script to define my job parameters and then use the Windows Scheduler to invoke a batch file that fires off the script.  It makes the imaging job a one time job, but the scheduling interface is more straightforward and the images can be written to custom folders based on the date.

BackupWizards
Level 2

This is perfect, the solution that I needed.

I now use the VBScript to setup and run the backups.

Thanks to all that helped!