cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery Trial License Key

JFSC_Chris
Level 2

I've downloaded the trial CD of System Recovery but it's asking for a license key to backup/recover machines - how do I go about getting one?

Many thanks.

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you attempt to perform a backup from the recovery disk, or a restore from the recovery disk to dissimilar hardware, you will need a license key. These operations cannot be performed in 'trial' mode. The only way around this is to contact the Symantec sales team and obtain an NFR license key from a Symantec sales rep, or to purchase the product.

If you have any questions about cold backups or RestoreAnyware, please let us know. We're happy to assist with any of the details of how it works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited

If you choose to delay installation of the license key, all features in Symantec System Recovery remain enabled during the 60-day trial period.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO48420#v35813910

JFSC_Chris
Level 2

I'm trying to use the recovery CD which won't proceed with a backup or recovery without a license key - is there a trial one I can use?

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you attempt to perform a backup from the recovery disk, or a restore from the recovery disk to dissimilar hardware, you will need a license key. These operations cannot be performed in 'trial' mode. The only way around this is to contact the Symantec sales team and obtain an NFR license key from a Symantec sales rep, or to purchase the product.

If you have any questions about cold backups or RestoreAnyware, please let us know. We're happy to assist with any of the details of how it works.