cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Restore Error 546 A:/GHOSTERR.TXT

connoratch
Not applicable
Hello, I am running On an Asus laptop. Lately I Tried using the system restore. There was one huge problem. At 67% It displayed a message: "File Name ? (546) Output error file to the following location : A:\GHOSTERR.TXT" I soon hit ok then it said: Cannot open Ghosterr.text - insert diskette (434)". This is a huge problem. It now said restart your computer, so i did just that. Soon it came up as the black screen with that blinking white underscore sign. This just goes on and on forever. I can turn it off. I can go into setup. But I still get the same error message. I am using the original restore dvd of windows xp. It never says go into safe mode or anything like that. It just had That white blinking Underscore. I really need help to fix this error, I have tried multiple sites but i have still not found the answer i have been looking for, hopefully i can get some support here, i have restored many times before, this time however it did not work. Please help me fix this error
1 REPLY 1

libraman77
Not applicable
I have an asus eee pc 1005ha and the same exact thing happens when i try to do the system restore. The status bar goes to about 27% and then it doesn't responds and displays the same message. I'm thinking about taking it to a computer shop and see what they say.