cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Restore and backup Exec 2010 on one machine?

jocham-it
Level 3
Partner

Hi there,

we have 2003 SBS Server with Backup Exec installed. ist it possible to install System Restore on the same Server or are the any issues known?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes. You can install Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) and Backup Exec 2010 on the same server. These two are completely different softwares and work independently. The Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) menationed by Markus is one of the options of Backup Exec and you could say that its like a smaller version of Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) . But IDR has very less featured as compared to BESR.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I think there is a BE plug-in that brings BESR functionality to BE, it is called Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option.

Sush---
Level 6

Yes. You can install Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) and Backup Exec 2010 on the same server. These two are completely different softwares and work independently. The Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) menationed by Markus is one of the options of Backup Exec and you could say that its like a smaller version of Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) . But IDR has very less featured as compared to BESR.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Sush---
Level 6

Hello there,

An updates on this ?? Have you got the required information?? Please update.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Sush---
Level 6

Hello there,

do let us know if your issue is resolved??

Thanks,

-Sush...

LukeW
Level 4

I have recently installed BackupExec 2010 on the same box running BESR 8.5 with no problems at all.

Install went great. BESR created my scheduled images last night and BE2010 is running a tape job as I type.

This BE plugin might be quite handy. I shall look into it.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So may I ask you to mark this post as solved ?

JB-ITGroupNW
Level 3
Partner

I have BE12 and BESR8.53 installed on the same server 2003 Enterprise Server. I use BE12 for my tape library and BESR8.53 for external hard drives that I rotate weekly (and take them offsite).

The only problem I ran into is having backups run at the same time. I scheduled BE to run at 7pm and BESR at 1am and it runs flawlessly!

Sush---
Level 6

Two backup jobs from two different software should not be run at the same time.

Thanks,

-Sush...