cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Restore of files from CPS

FelixO
Not applicable
Please can somebody confirm that using Backup Exec 11d Continuous File Protection and Backup Exec 11d System Recovery Option together will enable me to do a bare metal restore of a 'dead' server to a standby server and recover the full system state at the time (i.e. 1 second before) of the primary server crash?

My uncertainty is due to the fact the documentation for System Recovery Server (or System Recovery option) refers to restoring a snapshot which suggests that the recovered server would necessarily not be current, whereas the use of Continuous File Protection implies being able to recover up-to-date files.

I want to implement this solution for a primary server running Windows 2000 server and SQL Server 2000.

If there is an documentation about this scenario I would be grateful if you could direct me to it.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Please, If you have not already done so, review the follow technote document on the best practices of backing up Active Domain Controllers with Backup Exec System Recovery 7.0

Best Practices Backup Exec System Recovery 7.0 and Active Domain Controllers

After Backup Exec System Recovery restores the system from bare-metal in a DR scenario, CPS can then be use to bring the system back to a more specific time.