cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System recovery 2010 - sudden decreased time of the backup

ajgtech
Level 2

Hi Folks, need some help.

I was managing System Recovery 2010 for a few months, suddenly few weeks back the time that backup normally takes (about 7hrs - 130GB copied over the network) has dropped down to 35mins.

This is really strange, I mounted the file to check if all files are over there and they're and they're even opening.

Nothing changed, there is a 100Mb network between the server and NAS box.

Has anyone seen any similar strange behaviour ?

System: SBS 2011 standard SP1
Symantec: System Recovery 2010 Small Business Server Edition 9.01.36527

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

This is really strange, I mounted the file to check if all files are over there and they're and they're even opening.

So the backups are valid and restores work then?

I can only think that something on the network has changed or that a Windows update has somehow improved performance in some way..

I had exactly same feeling but checked and everything seems to be working OK.

Do you know any way of running file validation outside of symantec software or maybe reading out files using different application ?

Thanks for your help.

criley
Employee Accredited

I'm not sure what you mean exactly when you say 'file validation'..?

Do you know that you can run a manual verify of the recovery point using System Recovery? That will confirm the data is not corrupted.

how do I do this ?

criley
Employee Accredited

Double click on the v2i/iv2i file - this should open the recovery point into the recovery point browser. From there, you can click on verify.... for large files, the verify make take some time (especially if it is being run over the network).