cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System recovery 2013 wont run on windows 7 64bit

dazussdj
Level 2

Receive error everytime you reboot or try to run the program runs fine on my windows 8 machine. Have tried downloading setup files multiple times and installing any ideas please ?

Regards

Details
    Data
        System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
        Requested registry access is not allowed.
    Source
        mscorlib
    Stack Trace
           at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
           at Symantec.VPro.VProUI.VProUtils.ReadProductRegistryString(String sName)
           at Symantec.VPro.VProUI.ProtectorUtils.InitDebugging(String sDebugFilename)
           at Symantec.VPro.VProConsole.Program.Main(String[] args)
    Target Site
        OpenSubKey

11 REPLIES 11

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you tried to run fixinstall.bat ? Did you install the 64 Bit Version of ssr ?

Amrit_Alok
Level 4

The error is typically generated when the user logged into the machine does not have the appropriate permissions in the Windows Registry. 

I suggest you to have a look at the article mentioned below:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209151

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

brainshaker
Level 2

Hello,

i have the same problem, regedit/permissions did not solve the problem. What is the fixinstall.bat?

thx

WhereIsMyFiles
Level 2

I Also have this problem.

Have tried everything in REGEDIT. Nothing works. Still the program doesn't start at all.

What to do?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What edition of Win 7 are you running?

WhereIsMyFiles
Level 2

Windows 7 Pro

Version 6.1 (Build 7601:Service Pack1)

dazussdj
Level 2

OKay after days of useless customer service i ended up restoring the pc back to a backup with ghost and cant use the SSR.  Its Windows pro 64bit. I have only 1 account on my pc and its administrator access

brainshaker
Level 2

Hello,

this http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209151 is not working, you have to set permissions/owner for the whole Symantec Folder in regedit.

Solved the problem for me...

W7 pro 64bit /  SSR 2013

WhereIsMyFiles
Level 2

I removed complete Symantec registry entry and installed again (repair). Then the program started!

At first dialog i press next and get new error:

-Error E1ADFA8B: You do not have sufficient privileges to perform this operation. See help for more information about security settings.

(UMI:V-0-429-64139)

JasonInVegas
Level 2

I too have this problem on 11 machines...all of them have at least only one user ccount and all users are administrators.

I can fluently and competitantly edit registry settings for any other software in HKLM

The SSR 2013 installer is buggy and likely ZAPMSI is a culprit for partially-corrupted registry key settings such as the ones reported in the tech article.