cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The last scheduled backup of (C:\) was missed.

Keith_G
Not applicable
In trial version of Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010, backup worked (I think) for 6 days.  Now on the status page it says "The last scheduled backup of (C:\) was missed."  The log file shows the following:

8/2/2010 13:00:21 PM High Priority Info: Info 6C8F1F65: The drive-based backup job, Drive Backup of (C:\), Server_D (E:\), Server_F (F:\), Server_K (K:\), has been started automatically. 0x00 (Backup Exec System Recovery)
8/2/2010 14:15:15 PM High Priority Info: Error EBAB03F1: The operation was canceled by the user.
Info 6C8F1C2F: A recovery point operation on drive Drive Backup of (C:\), Server_D (E:\), Server_F (F:\), Server_K (K:\) was cancelled by the user.
 Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file.
  Error E7D1003C: There is not enough space.
   Error EBAB03F1: There is not enough space on the disk. 0x800704C7 (Backup Exec System Recovery)

I just figured out the answer to my question by pasting in the log file.  Oh well.  Anyway, it would help if the user interface actually told you what was wrong (i.e. there isn't enough disk space in this case).  Is there any way around this disk space issue, or do I just have to get a 50 TB external drive to back up 500 GB of data?

Thanks,

Keith Grabske
1 REPLY 1

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
One thing you could to is to configure the job to run full and incremental backups. The other thing would be to limit the number of backup sets you want to retain.