cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The requested FRS entry is unused

EttinH
Level 3

Hello all,

I have been stuck on this for a while now with now solution and this problem, so far, has occurred only on one machine.  When attempting to recover, in the last few seconds of the recovery I receive an error message:

-Cannot copy data from the recovery point to the destination.
--The requested FRS entry is unused (free, 0).

(UMI:V-281-3215-1010)

I was not able to find much help on the web either.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Symantec System Recovery 2011

Scenario:

System A has a recover point created on our central storage.
Hard drive of System A needs to be replaced
I have the hard drive connected to my system and properly partitioned and attempting to recover using the SSR console

note: I have successfully completed this exact same process a few times.  This is the first failure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Give CHKDSK /F a try.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Give CHKDSK /F a try.

EttinH
Level 3

CHKDSK /F has been performed on new and old HDD.  A couple of errors on the old HDD were detected.  I'm running the recovery again and will provide updates on the end-result.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Yep, please !

EttinH
Level 3

Sorry for the long delay, just super busy around here.  Anyway I did a CHKDSK /R /F on the source drive then created the image locally and transferred onto an external.  I was able to succesfully recover the image onto a new hard drive, so thank you very much for your suggestion.

Above I mentioned that I stored the image locally.  This is because for some reason, I was not able to store the image on to an external drive.  It would fail every time and I'm not quite sure why.  But that's something I can easily avoid in the future.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Ettin

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Lucky you - may I ask you to mark my post as solved ?

Is this for where the backup is stored (external) or the drive that will be taking the restored image?

akihiro1
Employee

If trying to restore C drive of System A, boot from SRD on System A and restore the recovery point for C drive.