cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the Symantec System Recovery service.

xnguyen10
Level 3

Hi,

I need assistance on this issue as it is occurring every minute on our Server 2003 SP2 (Exchange 2003 on server).  Eventually, it will slow down the server and locks up.  Server had to be restarted almost everyday.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7011
Date:  8/20/2011
Time:  3:18:40 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: SERVER2
Description:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the Symantec System Recovery service.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2 REPLIES 2

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

What have you done so far in troubleshooting this issue?

There is a similar issue being tracked by product development for BESR 2010 product.

Have you:

1. Check to see if the events stop when the SSR service is set to be disabled?

2. Booted into a selective startup mode using MSCONFIG.EXE where only essential Microsoft & SSR services are enabled to see if the error persists?

3. Performed a repair install from Add & remove programs?

4. Verify that any Security or AV product has made an exception/exclusion for the VPROSVC.EXE service?

xnguyen10
Level 3

I've read to update Service Pack for SSR2011.  Well, I did that and all hell broke loose.  The install box would flash on the screen for 1/2 second and disappeared and this would go into an endless loop.  What the SP did was removed files from the program files for SSR2011.  When it failed to update, it deleted the files from the program files for Symantec and never did update the files back into the Symantec folder.  Now whenever I tried to remove/reinstall the program, it cannot uninstall due to the fact that it is missing the files in the program files for Symantec needed to do the uninstall.  Tried several batch script fixes but no help.