cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two NIC support for creating recovery point?

Tim_Eastman
Level 2
Hi all.

Just purchased Backup Exec System Recovery for SBS as a disaster recovery policy. What I'm seeing in the documentation concerns me a little.

Our SBS 2003 is also our ISA Proxy server & firewall. Which means it's using two NICs. In reading up on Restore Anywhere documentation it states that two NICs are not supported.

What do I need to do to boot up my server's recovery point (image) on to a completely different box and have two NICs be recognized? The scenario we are configuring for is (heaven forbid) this business goes down in a smoldering wreck and we need to grab a temp server off the shelf someplace and load 'er up and get the business running again.

Should I explore VMware Server as an option to import a Virtual Machine in order to do this? VMware's Virtual Machine Importer 2.0 supports system images from system recovery.

But will the system image created by System Recovery contain/include/support both of my NICs for my ISA Server.

(this machine is also my Exchange Server as well as my file server and SQL server. we're a small company)
1 REPLY 1

techno_nerd
Level 4
Tim,

Multiple NIC's should not be an issue. You can do a restore with a machine with multiple NIC's without an issue. You may see an issue if the NIC's are teamed and my be able to resolve it by looking at this link:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/on-technology.nsf/docid/2006032015012560

Thanks,

Technonerd