cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Deploy Symantec System Recovery 2011 Install to Clients

ravora
Level 3

HI,

apologies for covering old ground but I'm a novice at this.

I'm trying to use Symantec Management Colsole 7.1 to Deploy the System Recovery 2011 client to an office desktop.

The install keeps failing on the client and so far this is all I have found in the log

'Install Symantec System Recovery 2011 with user interface--automatic restart' with command line
'install\setup.exe /S /V"SILENTMANAGED=1 REBOOT=Force /qn AddLocal=Shared,Console,ConsoleShortCut,Push,Agent,SecurityShortCut,Gear,Browser,BrowserShortCut /l*v "C:\windows\TEMP\ssr_10_0_wui_install.log""':
 Failed to start SWD task: The system cannot find the file specified. (-2147024894)]]>

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks for advice or solutions in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

criley
Employee Accredited

This is fixed in SP2:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH177139

ravora
Level 3

I've had no joy when attempting the Work around. I wonder if I've missed a step.

I'm currently trying to upgrade to SP2 using SIM but I think a company firewall filter which scans downloaded software is preventing this from working.

Is there any way I can manually upgrade to SP2 on the Management Solution Server without using SIM?

I downloaded a SP2 exe but I believe it must be for upgrading the client installed on desktop pc's and not the software deployed using the management solution server.

Many Thanks.

criley
Employee Accredited

Is there any way I can manually upgrade to SP2 on the Management Solution Server without using SIM?

Not really. SIM is the best option.

ravora
Level 3

I attempted an upgrade using SIM after getting around the firewall and it failed due to a file validation, and now the following directory is empty

C:\Program Files\Altiris\Symantec System Recovery Management Solution\Web\SoftwareDelivery\SSR\10.0

How can I retry the download/upgrade from scratch using SIM?

Many Thanks.

criley
Employee Accredited

Is the 'Symantec System Recovery Installer' still listed in the list of 'Installed Products' in SIM?

If yes, remove it and then add it as a product again.

ravora
Level 3

SIM isn't showing as an installed product. in the list of installed products.

In the Installer's Settings, it shows as version 7.1.206.

criley
Employee Accredited

Then you need to add the SSR Installer from the list of available products..

ravora
Level 3

I looked under install new products and SSR Installer SP2 was there.

I tried to install it and it came back with this error

An unexpedted error has occurred whilst trying to download or copy

http://www.solutionsam.com/solutions/7_1/smp/7_1_sp2_rtm/x64/altris_ns_7_1_sp2_x64.msi?symct=blahblahblah

to file:///c:/PROGRA~1/Altris/Symantec Installation Manager/Instals/Altris/altris_ns_7_1_sp2_x64.msi.

Please look at the logs for additional information. Click OK to try to get the file again or Cancel to close the wizard.

OK doesn't seem to do anything and I get the same error again so I click cancel.

criley
Employee Accredited

I think you are going to have to open a support case regarding this.

ravora
Level 3

Ok, Thanks for all your help.