Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Uninstall the BESR 2010

Prabhu_Rajan
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

Problem description:

We have installed Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 in our windows 2008 server Sp1 32 bit OS. After installed the software it does not worked well so that we have removed the software using the add/remove programs uninstall options. And it removed many program files related to the BESR2010 and suddenly it show the error like “ERROR: Failed to have Success Running Uninstall Driver Function in MSIUninstall Driver Function” and we unable to uninstall the software.

Environment:

We have implemented the Oracle server Replication and the issued server is the Domain controller of the Oracle clustering domain. The whole environment is working fine without any issues. The problem is our ERP server oracle has the clustering capability at the same time the domain server has no redundancy so that we will get trouble if the domain goes down.

So that we are planned to install Symantec BESR and tried to take Full image of the Windows 2008 server that time we are facing issue.

Server Configuration:

Windows 2008 Server Enterprise Edition Service Pack 2 – 32 Bit operating system

The exact error message:

The Error message I am getting when try to uninstalling the BESR 2010,

“ERROR: Failed to have Success Running Uninstall Driver Function in MSIUninstall Driver Function”

The Error messages we are getting when try to repair or modify the software, “Error 1720: There is a problem with the windows installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personal or package vendor.”

Tech diagnosis history:

I have tried to uninstall the software using uninstall.bat and fix.bat based on the Symantec article

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH157372

Here I am expecting solution for….

1. Uninstall the software Symantec BESR2010 form the windows servers reinstall the fresh god working copy of the BESR 2011.
8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Try this one for the uninstall: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH76289

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you been able to uninstall the software ?

xnguyen10
Level 3

I have the exact same error when trying to uninstall the software.  My problem started when I installed the SP for the Software.  It went through a loop and never would update.  Now I cannot uninstall the software and reinstalled it (or repair).  This is very frustrating indeed.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you tried the uninstall.bat ?

xnguyen10
Level 3

I tried the uninstall.bat and did not work. 

Muhammad_Nazaka
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Tmy_70
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Have a Windows  machine up that I was updating A\V, spyware mitigation, service pack, etc. Windows Installer (msiexec.exe) keeps trying to install some another, then you have to kill msiexec.exe on task manager in then re-run the BESR 2010 install. It's to easy.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you sorted out the problem ?