cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to backup Files/Folder in SBESR10

ksmith86
Level 2

I am unable to choose the option that says back up files and folders. I am only allowed to back up a drive or partitions. How do I get around the this? The option to back up filesa dn folders is greyed out and I have a licensed copy of the software. Help!!

9 REPLIES 9

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You can only select file and folder backup when you are logged on to the local BESR console.

ksmith86
Level 2

I have remotely installed the System Recovery on the local pc but the software that opens up on the pc is not the same as the one on the server and is very limited. Do I need to install the same software thats on the server on the pc and remove the remotely installed software?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

What do you mean with "limited" ? To configure a file & folder backup you need to open the BESR console from the server. It does not matter what you have installed on the pc.

ksmith86
Level 2

Is it possible to walk me through the steps to install from the server to a local machine because I prob missed a step or something why I am unble to choose the File and Folder option. All I want to do is backup Files and Folders with Symantec Backup Exec System Restore and have it automated. Right now I am doing manual backups and I ahve not found anything online to guide me through it. when I installe dit the first time I was able to access the laptop but I was only allowed to back up the drive and not the folders. please assist.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

See page 105 of the users guide: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH75968

Linas
Level 6

The only way you can backup file and folders is with an unmanaged client

Backup exec system recovery

If it’s a managed client you can not schedule any jobs on the client

And from the management server you can not backup files and folders

Simple as that.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

May I ask you to mark this post as solved ?

jvega41
Level 2

Correct me if Im wrong but with SSR 2011 i cannot backup files and folders on another system on my network?  Im trying the eval version and deployed an agent and found the file and folder option greyed out.

I can only do full system backup and restore of other computers using the recovery disk correct?

What product would i need to backup specific files and folders on other systems on my network?

Linas
Level 6

if you want to just backup files and folders use windows backup

its free and fast