cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to backup with SSR2011

mbruere
Level 2

Hello gurus,

I'm using SSR2011 on a Windows 2008 R2 standard SP1 (64 bits) and I'm having a problem.

When backup task is running, creating checkpoint is very long. It can take up to 50 hours !

When user connect to the application at the morning, they can't use it because application's services are stopped

So, backup can only be done during the weekend...

I tried to stop the main services (MSSQLServer and those from the main application) but nothing better.

Harddisk is 330 Gb free (capacity : 1 Tb) and there is only one partition C:

Any idea ?

Mathieu B.

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

When backup task is running, creating checkpoint is very long. It can take up to 50 hours !

Do you mean the snapshot phase? In other words, does the backup stay at 5% for 50 hours?

Can you confirm the service pack level of SSR (check in Help/About for version details).

mbruere
Level 2

Hello Chris,

yes, the snapshot phase is very long. It grow in a few seconds to 5% and then it take a long time to grow up  again. About 12 hours later snapshot phase is about 32%.

There is no SP. I'm currently downloading SP2.

My current version is 10.0.0.39952

Regards,

criley
Employee Accredited

There is no SP. I'm currently downloading SP2.

Why SP2? SP3 is the latest for 2011:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH195461

Does it stay at (or below) 5% for a long period of time? This is when SSR does the snapshot of the volume. Once it gets past 5%, the snapshot has already been completed.

SP3 may help...

mbruere
Level 2

Hello Chris,

I installed SP3 and my problem is still there...

Here is a screenshot after 13 hours of backup.

So it seems that the snapshot is done. What's the next step in the backup process ? Simply copying datas ?

Thanks...

Mathieu

criley
Employee Accredited

The following may help:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH171456

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Any updates ?