cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install SSRE 2011

jpeterprarch
Level 3

Recently purchased SSRE 2011 and attempted to install.  Installation hangs at 90% and had to be cancelled.  I attempted a clean install on a Win2k8 VM without a problem, however, on systems with SEP 11.0.5002.33 installed installation hangs at 90%.

Has anyone else encountered problems with SSRE installation on systems running SEP?  Been going in circles with tech support. 

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

What operating system(s) are you seeing problems on?

jpeterprarch
Level 3

So far I've only tested on Win2k8.  I completely uninstalled SEP 11.0.5002.33 and was finally able to install.  I plan on installing 11.0.6300.xx on the same server to see if either product is affected.  Next step will be to try to upgrade another server SEP 11.0.6300.xx first and then attempt to install SSRE.

jpeterprarch
Level 3

Well it appears to be the older version of SEP.  I upgraded another Win2k8 server to 11.0.6300, disabled the services and installation was successful.

jpeterprarch
Level 3

Well scratch that.  Doesn't appear to be related to SEP completely.  Trying it on a Win2k8 Server x64 with SBE 2010, Ghost Console 2.5, and SEP 11.0.6003.xx.  Still hangs.  Install log doesn't appear to indicate anything obvious.

What is the deal?  I had no problem with 2010.

JonGaskell
Level 2
Partner

any resolution on this?  I'm having a similar problem on two of my servers

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Jon - what version of SEP, and what operating system are you installing to?