cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load SATA / SCSI drivers on System Recovery Trial

Dave_B2000
Level 2
Hi,

I am currently testing the backup exec system recovery server edition software (v8.5.3) and have the following issue.

Booting from the Symantec recovery disk - I can't access the hard drive on the local system.

I have tried following through support article 293472, however when I push F6 it brings up a "Windows Boot Manager" screen, the only option on here is Windows Setup [EMS] - I select this option and it just loads into the symantec recovery console without any prompts to load the new drivers.

I have tried manually installing the drivers for the device by clicking the "load driver" option in the recovery environment but it still can't see the drive. Looking at diskpart the drives are not shown.

Any ideas how to get the drivers loaded and why the F6 isn't doing what it's supposed to ??

Thanks in advance.

Dave.
4 REPLIES 4

marcogsp
Level 6
When using the "Load Driver" option, make sure the driver you are loading is Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 compatible.  The SRD  WinPE environment is Vista/2008 based so it needs drivers compatible with this code base in order to work with the hardware when booting with the SRD.

Dave_B2000
Level 2
Thanks for the advice.

I was using 2003 drivers, have just tried with 2008 drivers and it's picked the drives up straight away.

Thanks again for your help !

gna
Level 3
I can't load Dell windows 2008 server  drivers as they are 64bit.

marcogsp
Level 6
I was able to find Windows 2008 X86 drivers for my Power Edge 2950's from the Dell support site.  Perhaps the Dell support site offers W2K8 x86 compatible drivers for your server as well.  Failing that, you can always look for 32 bit Vista drivers from the NIC and storage controller manufacturer's websites