cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to restore HP Proliant BL460C G7 Server - BESR 2010

Minglesss
Level 3

Hi,

Currently got a production Server down. It's been backing up every night with BESR 2010 (9.0.2). Tried to restore using BESR 2010 Recovery CD (Injected with the G7 Network Drivers)... Mapped the network drive fine, kicked off the restore... it gets to 99% everytime and comes up with the following error message:

Error E7D1001E: Unable to Read from file.

Error 00000040: The specified network name is no longer available.

Error E7D1001E: Unable to Read from file.

Error 00000040: The specified network name is no longer available.

This has also happened on another G7 Server, however after raising support case with Symantec, they couldn't figure it out and it came down to SQL 2005 or 2008 being installed with SP1/SP2 or something along those lines, which was considered the cause of the error because wasn't supported by BESR 2010.

This server however, does not have SQL installed.

It is always failing at 99% right at the end.

Is there an issue with BESR 2010 Recovery CD not being able to Restore HP 460C G7 Servers???

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Minglesss
Level 3

Has anyone been able to successfully restore a HP 460C G7 Server successfully using BESR 2010?

criley
Employee Accredited

The error suggests some sort of network / timeout problem but I'm not totally convinced of that.

Is it possible to copy the recovery point(s) to a local drive (i.e. USB disk) to rule out a possible issue with the network driver being used by the SRD?

Also, are you restoring the same or different hardware?

I'm not aware of any issue with the HP 460C G7 models.

Minglesss
Level 3

Restoring from the local D drive worked.

So figured it was a drivers issue.

I removed all the drivers from the BESR Recovery CD, and just left the G7 drivers on it.

Restore works everytime now from a network location.

Weird.