cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Updates in Symantec Installation Manager SIM

ravora
Level 3

Hi I've hit a problem involving SIM, that I hope someone can help me with.

I attempted to update the server to the latest version of Symantec Management Platform, SP2, unfortunately it went wrong with the validation stage when it tried to install after downloading.

Subsequently I ran a rebuild on my installed copy of Symantec Management Platform. Which also initially went wrong but has since run without error.

My problem is now the SIM tool is no longer showing anything under the  "View and Install Updates" and so I am unable to upgrade to the latest version of Symantec Management Platform. I believe the downloaded installation file that SIM would have initially downloaded is still present on the server.

Is there a way to run the upgrade without using SIM?

I hope this makes sense.

Many Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

criley
Employee Accredited

So what version of SMP do you currently have installed?

There was an issue with older versions of SIM where it would actually show updates under 'Install new products' - have you checked there?

ravora
Level 3

It's showing SMP version 7.1.5359

I did check in install new products and it wasn't there.

Many Thanks.

criley
Employee Accredited

Click on settings (top-right corner). What is the name of the product listing file?

ravora
Level 3

symantec.pl.xml.zip

criley
Employee Accredited

That is the correct file. I think you need to post this in the SMP forum as your issue is not specific to SSR:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/endpoint-management/forums/symantec-management-platform-notification-server

ravora
Level 3

Ok will do, many thanks for your help.

deepak_t
Level 4
Employee

you may also want to look at new Symantec System Recovery 2013 Monitor which works for SSR 2011 & BESR 2010. It is a new and very simple application that will help users to easily determine the backup protection status of computers that are backed up using Symantec System Recovery (SSR). It is good solution for monitoring around 100 odd client machines. It is in FA program. use follwoing link for getting to SSR monitor FA

https://symbeta.symantec.com/callout/?callid=8551F61A86DA41E5AB21FF93D9410605