cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to write to file. Error E7D1003C:

rcabrera96
Level 2
Partner

I am getting this error on the once a week full backup job.

Info 6C8F17E7: An automatic recovery point was not created because an earlier recovery point from the same job was still in progress.
Details: Operation aborted

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of System (C:\), Storage (E:\). Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file. Error E7D1003C: There is not enough space.
Details: 0xEBAB0005

4 REPLIES 4

aychekay
Level 5
Partner

Your first error is probably due to the fact that you made a change to the job schedule and BESR is probably trying to run your backup job twice. I've reported this problem to Symantec. Check out the thread called "Share Your Feeback/Suggestions":

Very Important: BUG!!! Changing backup job schedule should reset the backup jobs in the memory. We have noticed that changing a backup job time on the schedule from 10PM to 7PM will actually fire (2) backup jobs that night, one at 7PM and another at 10PM, unless we restart the BESR service. This occurs in both version 7 and version 8.

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Please explain your backup schedule, are you running any incremental backups?

rcabrera96
Level 2
Partner
Yes I am running Files & Folders backup M-F @ 9pm to Backup destination: G:\NTSERVER\ Drive G being a USB external OneTouch Drive.  Then an incremental file Backup of system C:\ & Storage E:\ three times a week Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 2am.  Finally creating the new recovery point set  (base)on Sunday of both C:\ & E:\ 1pm.

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Try looking at this TechNote and see if that is able to help you.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/301252

Also, Is there enough room on the backup destination to complete another full backup? If it is set to hold 3 sets of recovery points, you actually need enough room for 3 sets and 1 additional baseline because BESR does not delete the first recovery point set until after the baseline backup is complete.