cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SSR 2013 R2 SP2 MS to SSR 2013 R2 SP3 MS by SIM

sam75sam
Level 4

Hello,

I want upgrade SSR 2013 R2 SP2 MS to SSR 2013 R2 SP3 MS by using the Symantec Installation Manager but I don't find the product.

But I already made this update of my labo and it was working. But in my production, of an another SSR 2013 R2 SP2 MS, I can't see the new upgrade.

I use the latest version of SIM : 7.6.75 and also http://www.solutionsam.com/solutions/pl/symantec_v2.pl.xml.zip for Product listing.

Thanks for your solution.

Samir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sam75sam
Level 4

Thanks.

I found the solution, I think.

Download the Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution package from FileConnect,

launch Symantec Installation Manager,
Change product listing.
In the Manage Product Listings dialog box, click Add.
In the Add New Product Listing dialog box, browse and select the Veritas_SP3.pl.xml file from the Symantec System Recovery Management Solution folder that you downloaded from FileConnect, and then click OK.

The Veritas_SP3.pl.xml file appears in the Manage Product Listings table.

And after, I see the System Recovery 2013 R2 SP3 Installer x64-x86 and System Recovery 2013 R2 SP3 Management Solution and Installer.

I am testing in my labo and I will see if it's ok.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

criley
Employee Accredited

I'm checking on this..... I suspect this may be something to do with the Symantec/Veritas company separation.

sam75sam
Level 4

Ok Chris, thanks.

criley
Employee Accredited

As I suspected, it's to do with the company separation.

Basically, SSR will no longer be listed via Symantec Installation Manager (for legal reasons I believe). Because of this, the install/upgrade for SSR will change (and won't be quite so straightforward).

We are working on publishing a TechNote that documents the steps involved. Can I suggest you postpone your upgrade until sometime next week? I will get back to you once the TechNote is ready.

sam75sam
Level 4

Thanks.

I found the solution, I think.

Download the Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution package from FileConnect,

launch Symantec Installation Manager,
Change product listing.
In the Manage Product Listings dialog box, click Add.
In the Add New Product Listing dialog box, browse and select the Veritas_SP3.pl.xml file from the Symantec System Recovery Management Solution folder that you downloaded from FileConnect, and then click OK.

The Veritas_SP3.pl.xml file appears in the Manage Product Listings table.

And after, I see the System Recovery 2013 R2 SP3 Installer x64-x86 and System Recovery 2013 R2 SP3 Management Solution and Installer.

I am testing in my labo and I will see if it's ok.

criley
Employee Accredited

Yes, that's it. Well done for working it out yourself.

As I mentioned, we will have a detailed TechNote that explains all of this - should be available sometime next week.

sam75sam
Level 4

Thanks Chris,

In my labo, the upgrade was a success. I will make the upgrade on my production after.

Thanks Chris for your quick responses like always.

sam75sam
Level 4

I made this upgrade on my production servers and it works well.

le555cummins
Level 2

Hi Guys

Was wondering if you could offer me a little help as I am experiencing a similar situation.

I work for a large Corporate and am trying to install the SSR2013 R2 management solution and, as already noted, the solution does not appear in SIM.

Unfortunately being a large corporate we do not have access to the serial No's of our products so cannot get access to File Connect - is there any other way to download the  Veritas_SP3.pl.xml ?

Thanks

Dave

criley
Employee Accredited

Yes there is. All details are here:

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000081529