cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from BESR Desktop 8.5 to 2010

Christian_Naegl
Not applicable
Hey,

i'm new here and i'm a german customer, so please excuse me if my english isn't that good.

Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit) says that BESR Desktop 8.5 is not compatible with it so i looked for a away to upgrade my version to BESR Desktop 2010.
Question 1: I've worked with Version 8.5 quite some time in Windows 7 and i couldn't find anything that would not work correctly. So can anyone tell what exactly isn't compatible with Windows 7?!?

Question 2: I've tried to register my license by the Symantec License Portal but it says that my license key is unkown or incorrect. The Key i've typed in is the one which is located on the sticker "BESR 8.5 Desktop (Windows Desktop Agent) License Key". Since i've get my copy by a retailer i don't have a Symantec Customer ID or Upgrade notification or something like that.
So is there a way to upgrade my Desktop Edition to 2010? If yes please tell me how.

Thank you alot,
Greetings from Germany

Christian N
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Khalid_Mashaykh
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Dear Christian,

Good day!

Question 1: sometimes we will have some issues when backing up Windows 7 with old version of BESR such as 8.5.5, see the below link
http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/windows-7-and-system-recovery-855-backup-error

Question 2:  You can simply open case with Symantec license and give them your Email and they will send you new license keys for BESR 2010 by Email, let me know if you don't know how to open case.

Thank you.
Khaled Mashaykh
Amman - Jordan

Please mark it as solution if I answered your qustions. smiley

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Khalid_Mashaykh
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Dear Christian,

Good day!

Question 1: sometimes we will have some issues when backing up Windows 7 with old version of BESR such as 8.5.5, see the below link
http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/windows-7-and-system-recovery-855-backup-error

Question 2:  You can simply open case with Symantec license and give them your Email and they will send you new license keys for BESR 2010 by Email, let me know if you don't know how to open case.

Thank you.
Khaled Mashaykh
Amman - Jordan

Please mark it as solution if I answered your qustions. smiley