cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading SSR 2013 R2 to Windows 10 catastrophe

JAta2
Level 4

I updated my Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) to Windows 10 With SSR 2013 R2 version 11.1.2.54477.  Everything except SSR seemed to be working fine - went through several reboots to make sure.  However, SSR gave me the expected "can't install licence" error.  So I installed the SP4 patch.  It told me to reboot but this yielded a fatal "Inaccessible Boot Device" blue screen.  Apparently, installing the patch without uninstalling SSR leaves the drivers in an undetermined state on Windows 10 (http://www.vertas.com/docs/000099891).  Ironically, thanks to SSR, I was able to easily recover my Windows 7 system  and will try this again, but this seems like a good way to discourage folks from using SSR and even Windows 10 - really, couldn't anyone have done it better (e.g. Kaspersky which detected Windows 10, told me it detected a new operating system, and came right up after a reboot). It would have been much more productive if the patch automatically removed the existing SSR software first on Windows 10... I know Veritas can do better than that, I've been a long time user of their products even before Symantec.

1 REPLY 1

JAta2
Level 4