cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to BESR 2010?

Turls
Level 6

Check out this video on how to get started with BESR 2010.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/besr2010-getting-started-rev2.

9 REPLIES 9

MMooloney
Not applicable

I recently upgraded to Backup Exec System Recovery for SBS 2010 from v8.5 and how I get the error below.

Date: 28/03/2010 03:01:32
Notification Type: Info
Priority: High
Description: Info 6C8F043D: Recovery point H:\Recovery Points\Server1\Server1_C_Drive125.v2i deleted to comply with the number of recovery points to save for each drive. Error E7D10017: Unable to delete 'H:/Recovery Points/Server1/Server1_C_Drive125.v2i'.
    Error EEEE000D: Permission denied.

All was running fine till I did the upgrade to the 2010 version. Now it is unable to automatically delete the old recovery points. Not has changed other than the upgrade and file permissions have been checked and fine. The recovery points are stored locally on the server and not on the network and the build version I am running is 9.0.0.35656. The server is running SBS 2003 SP2.

JPMTJR
Level 3
Partner
I found that i had to delete the existing backup jobs and then recreate them in order for them to successfully perform a scheduled backup.The new jobs that I created were exactly the same as the previous jobs but when I tried to run the old jobs after the upgrade they would just stay at 1% complete and never progress.

Symanticus
Level 6

perhaps restarting the media server can do the trick ?

JPMTJR
Level 3
Partner
As I said in the subject: I did restart the Media Server but the jobs, that were originally written when BESR was installed, did not work until I deleted them and then recreated them.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Try installing SP1 to resolve this issue about Recovery Point overwriting. Here is the link to download and install SP1:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/347749

theseng99
Level 4

I heard that snopshot slower after upgrade. Someone can explain about this. I have planned to upgrade also.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I do not think the snopshot slower after upgrade. I dont see any Known issue there and also have not came across anyone reporting the same.

My word will be its SAFE to upgrade.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Fresco
Not applicable

I could not find the new topic button, so please excuse me for posting here... it is not my intention to highjack this thread.

I suffered a catastrophic meltdown, and recently restored my HP Vista Home Premium 64-bit OS to original from factory condition...

I used the SoftThinks Recovery Manager that came with my HP system-- but I am unable to access the files it saved for me prior to wiping my disc clean.  Files were stored on my removable Hard Drive  (.fbw format) but I get runtime errors and a host of other roadblocks... my files are all there, withing reach, but I can't access them.

Question: Can BESR view and/or open .fbw files?

thank you,

Tony_Lau
Level 4

After installing BESR 2010, our PC sometime hang. We do a in depth investigation and found that VproSvc may cause trouble. Check system log, and found all resource consumed.

Run Live update within system recovery, no update available.

Stop scheduled task (full & incremental backup for drive and my document, seems problem solved??

Did anyone encounter similiar problem? is there any solution?

Did anyone use this software in server with win svr 2003 / raid drive?

Tony.