cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Access to 2011 Management Solution - Access Denied

ccharlton
Level 2

Good Morning,

I'm new to SSR 2011 and so far I've had nothing but issues with it's ease of use.  I upgraded to 2011 from 8.5 - and by upgraded I mean, uninstalled 8.5 and installed 2011 then recreated everything - because there is nothing seamless about this transition.

Anyway...  It appears that since I'm the one who did the install, I'm the only one who can access the Management Solution.  That's just not convenient for me or the other people in my department.  When other users try to access the Management Solution, they're not prompted to login, they are only given an Access Denied error, so I'm having a hard time understanding how another user could login.  Since 2011 is the opposite of "user friendly", I've decided to come here and hope to get some resolution.

Is there a way to tie this software to a local login or AD in some way?  If so, how?  I've been through every manual I could find and come up with nothing.

If I have to call Symantec's terrible support, I will, but that's a last resort for me at this point.  The mis-information of their support representatives quadrupled the work of my 2011 "upgrade".  Sad.  I've been a Symantec customer for nearly 10 years, but this is the last of their products I'll purchase.

Regards,

CCharlton

1 REPLY 1

ccharlton
Level 2

at least my rant is documented.  This software sucks.