cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VProSvc.exe Crashes

rhino7961
Level 4

I have this application error in the application log for a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Standard Edition Server.

Faulting application VProSvc.exe, version 9.0.1,36527, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790,4455, fault address 0x0002a9bf

It's happened a few times and there are no errors before or after it.  Any clues from the BESR 2010 guru's out there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbtsabw
Level 4

This is still happening in the latest version.

This happens on a variety of Windows OSs and hardware configurations.  We have been able to reduce it about 99% by doing what is mentioned above and in the tech article:

Create a scheduled task that stops and restarts the BESR service (VProSvc.exe) just before the scheduled backups start.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Same happens with me, but i have no idea why it happens.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This seems to be an issue with 8.5 and th e current version of BESR as it can be seen from the technote " http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH73687 "

You can try to use the Workaround provided as below: 

Create a scheduled task that stops and restarts the BESR service (VProSvc.exe) just before the scheduled backups start.

Also I observed that you have not updated to SP2 which is released few weeks back. I would strongly suugest to upgrade to SP2 of BESR 2010.

Thanks,

-Sush...

criley
Employee Accredited

SP2 (9.0.2) is the best thing to try. However, we are still seeing crashes in that version and this is something that is currently being investigated internally here at Symantec.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are there any updates on this ?? Have you got the required Information ?/ If so then please mark the appropriate response as Solution and close the Post.

thanks,

-Sush...

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

jbtsabw
Level 4

This is still happening in the latest version.

This happens on a variety of Windows OSs and hardware configurations.  We have been able to reduce it about 99% by doing what is mentioned above and in the tech article:

criley
Employee Accredited

jbtsabw; Please refer to my comment on 7th December which is still the current status.