cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSR 16 Backup Destination Unavailable! - I'm stumped.

EttinH
Level 3

We recently upgraded to VSR 16 and since the upgrade, backups have been failing with the following errors:

-Cannot create the recovery point.
--Error E7D10041: Unable to establish a network connection to \\"servername"\symantec_system_recovery
---Error EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operation: 'The specified network password is not correct.'

(UMI:V-281-3215-1005)

Keep in mind that there were no changes made to the policies, the packup destination, username or password for the destination.  These clients were backing up without an issue on 2013 R2.  Furthermore, in testing, I have setup a new system with VSR 16 and assigned to the same policy.  The new system is able to backup just fine.  This really isn't making much sense and is rather frustrating.  I've even created a new policy and applied the policy to two systems with the same results.  New system continues to backup while the other continues to have issues.

One workaround is to manually enter the backup destination on systems that are having an issue, however this does not resolve the problem and it is not a suitable solution for the number of systems that are having this problem and it also does not address the cause in the first place.  Any help would be much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, you could try and compare the PQJ files and see if there are any differences.

aside from the encryption strings, nothing seems different.  What am I looking for specifically?  destination and usernames are the same.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

This was what I was looking for. You could try and delete the PQJ files so that they get recreated.

I've tried all of that.  Deleted all relevant files to be recreated, no help.  Even created a new DNS entry as well as a new username/password for the destination and assigned to a new policy.  No difference.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Seems to me like that the old policies are somewhere cached. The last thing i can think of before calling Veritas for help is to remove VSR from the server and reinstall it.

criley
Employee Accredited

One workaround is to manually enter the backup destination on systems that are having an issue

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this?

As some machines are working when using the same policy, it would appear that there is something specific to the machines that are failing. Are both the working and non-working machines running the same version of System Recovery?

How many machines are failing?

My feeling here is that you'll need to open a support case as the debug logs from the affected machines will need to be analyzed.