cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSR 16 installation problem.

emersom
Level 3

Hello Guys.

I have a problem with installing this software.

I found the instraction on this portal and there it is written you need to install the SIM then chosed the file Veritas_SSR.pl.xml (SSR_Management_Solution_2013R2_11.1.6.55606) and install but then I have the SIM problem wrote "The minimum requirements the Symantec management 8.0 platform is needed to continue With the installation ». I use SIM 8.0.119, as I know this is the last vertion. before this i installed old vertion 7.5 but then i deleted it and install last vertion.

The screen has been added.

Can someone help me solving this problem?

sorry for my language i have been learning english yet. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

As your screenshot says; you need to install SMP (Symantec Management Platform) 8.0 first.

Once that is installed, you can then install the Veritas System Recovery Management Solution.

View solution in original post

correct.. remember 1 thing.. DO NOT CHOOSE ANY SOLUTIONS... just install Altiris.. do not install all the solutions or trial licenses start...

your client machines will have ONLY 5 Altiris sub agents and then VSR agents... when done...

i have attached a file of my test environment with the free Altiris 8.0 and VSR management agents installed...

in addition you can see the VSR 16 (red icon) in taskbar next to the Altiris agent...

I just installed all solutions so this is the last screenshot i can give that will be clean for you. Since 8.0 is required i have to test against things so my test env just got more complicated... HAH...VSR-MS.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TeleFragger
Level 5

question... are you going to run Symantec Management Platform 8.0? (also known as Altiris and/or Altiris Client Management Suite)?

the SIM part is for you to get "Altiris" installed then VSR is an Add-On....

so if you are going to do that you must install/configure Altiris first...

criley
Employee Accredited

As your screenshot says; you need to install SMP (Symantec Management Platform) 8.0 first.

Once that is installed, you can then install the Veritas System Recovery Management Solution.

correct.. remember 1 thing.. DO NOT CHOOSE ANY SOLUTIONS... just install Altiris.. do not install all the solutions or trial licenses start...

your client machines will have ONLY 5 Altiris sub agents and then VSR agents... when done...

i have attached a file of my test environment with the free Altiris 8.0 and VSR management agents installed...

in addition you can see the VSR 16 (red icon) in taskbar next to the Altiris agent...

I just installed all solutions so this is the last screenshot i can give that will be clean for you. Since 8.0 is required i have to test against things so my test env just got more complicated... HAH...VSR-MS.jpg

HI Guys,

thanks a lot. i didn't see to what needed first to install SMP 8 but not SIM 8. i'm loser :)

thanks a lot again. :)