cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSR 2016 SRD Create Wizard Does Not Recognize WinATK

ErnieP
Level 3

I recently upgraded to VSR 2016 (16.0.0.55884) from SSR 2013 (11.5.55405) on my Win7 Pro laptop.  Upon startup, I get a reminder that I need to create an SRD for the new version.  When I run the Create Wizard, it says it cannot find WinATK (even though I was able to create an Advanced SRD using SSR 2013 last summer).  Knowing that I did not have the latest ATK, I uninstalled the old version and installed the very latest version from Microsoft.  After rebooting, I ran the Creation Wizard again, but it still says the ATK is not installed.  Since the Typical Option is greyed-out, I'm dead in the water WRT creating a new SRD.

I did try using the SSR 2013 SRD and it SEEMS to work, at least as far as recognizing the VSR 2016 images I have created.  I haven't tried actually doing a restore (I have a spare drive so I can try it without ending up with nothing that works!), but will report back the results of that.  HOWEVER, the original problem exists: I cannot generate an SRD using VSR2016.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: Someone needs to update the Prodoct Version list above so it will accept VSR 2016!!

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited

Since the Typical Option is greyed-out, I'm dead in the water WRT creating a new SRD.

So the typical option being greyed out is really the issue here. Please post a screenshot of this. The ADK is only needed when creating the advanced version of the recovery disk and this is only required if you need to create both 32/64bit or need additional languages. I would suggest we focus on the typical option issue - does this article help? http://www.veritas.com/docs/000081480

ADDITIONAL NOTE: Someone needs to update the Prodoct Version list above so it will accept VSR 2016!!

Yes, the VOX team are working on this and it should be fixed soon.