cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSR-MS performance issue?

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

I'm not too familiar with VSR18-MS (Management Solutions) so I'd appreciate any advice on this. A partner of mine is testing VSR18-MS on Windows Server 2016 distributing backup policies to remote machines that have VSR18 installed. When they do things like create/change the backup location or policies using the Web console, although the actual data has been updated, the data shown through the web console is still unchanged. They clicked the update button but nothing changes so they have to close and reopen the browser to get the updates reflected. Is there a reason behind this or any workaround other than reopening the browser?

They have SQL Server and the Management Solutions installed into the same host so I'm thinking that might be one of the causes (it does mention this in the VSR-MS user guide). Also, they're installing all this into a virtual machine so there could be a performance issue caused by this as well. Their configuration is kind of like this:

- Installed SQL Server and VSR-MS in a single VM (ESX or Hyper-V?)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard
CPU 2×2 core
RAM 8GB
Symantec Management Platform 8.5 RU1
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Express Edition (V 13.2.5026.0)
Microsoft Interner Explorer 11.2906.14393.0
Microsoft IIS 10.0
Microsoft ACE.OLEDB.12.0
Java Runtime 8
MicrosoftDENT_REG ASP.NET 4.5.1
---------------------------------------  

I'm thinking they should install VSR-MS into a separate physical machine following the spec guidelines mentioned in our uesr guide. But any other advice or experience on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Thank you very much! This is good to know.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Out of my experience VSR-MS Web-GUI can be really slow sometimes. Especially when you have a lot of clients that are managed.

criley
Employee Accredited

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Thank you very much! This is good to know.