cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSR18 Create System Recovery Disk wizard fails with error Error ECA30C0D

Grimbo
Level 2

Newly-built server, with freash install of VSR18

When attempting to run the wizard, either from the automated prompt or via the Tasks menu, wizard immediately fails with:

Error ECA30C0D: Could not determine if Disk ['\\.\PhysicalDrive1'] is writable. System Error['1']

System is Lenovo server TS140 with an external USB disk as the backup target and labelled as Drive1 (see attachment for details). Server is only DC in domain. Running the wizard whilst logged-in as Administrator

If I disconnect the external USB drive the wizard launches successfully, so it looks like the USB drive is the disk being referenced in the error. But, of course, I need to create the recovery disk with the drive attached and working

Have been unable to trace this error number anywhere on the Veritas site

VSR18 is running fine otherwise, shceduled backups to the external USB drive working fine

Have attached SRDcreatorui.log, and screenshots of disk setup and wizard failure error

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

@Grimbo

But, of course, I need to create the recovery disk with the drive attached and working.

Is this because you are planning to use this USB as the recovery disk itself?

If so, I suspect that this will need a support case to investigate further.

No, but its going to be the source of recovery points to restore the server. Recovery Disk will be created on a DVD

@criley wrote:

@Grimbo

But, of course, I need to create the recovery disk with the drive attached and working.

Is this because you are planning to use this USB as the recovery disk itself?

If so, I suspect that this will need a support case to investigate further.

Given the advice in the readme that 'all devices that need to be available during the recovery should be attached and visible during the creation of the Recovery Disk' I assume that it is unsafe to create the disk without one of the main comp[onents

criley
Employee Accredited

@Grimbo

Given the advice in the readme that 'all devices that need to be available during the recovery should be attached and visible during the creation of the Recovery Disk' I assume that it is unsafe to create the disk without one of the main comp[onents.

Yes, that's a fair comment but maybe worth testing a recovery disk that you created when this USB was not attached? You may find that it works fine anyway.

Is the server updated with VSR 18 SP2? You can check in Help/About for version details (SP2 will show as 18.0.2).

Yes. 18.0.2.56692