cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Various Problems installing SSR2011 on Server2008R2

loppo247
Level 2

Hi guys, 

Yesterday I tried to install SSR2011 on a newly setup W2K8 R2 Server with SP1 and all updates installed (virtual machine). So far so good now the problems started:

1.  when I started the setup.exe from the ISO file : "the operating system or the service pack is not supported" also Server 2008 R2 SP1 is explicitly mentioned in the supported OS.

As far as it is a "test installation" SP1 was removed. --> i was able to start the installer.

2. when it came to SQLServerExpress 2008 Installation I chose "new instance" BESOLUTION (which seems to work ...)

After applying the .NET Role and IIS Role with the features required everything in the precheck was green --> the Symantec Installation Manager started and I chose the features I wanted to install. So far no Problem -->

3. during installation a new DB should be created: ( This did not happen --> there is a SQL instance called BESOLUTION but no additional database)

4. Symantec Installation manager says: everything is installed but not correctly configured. New configuration doesn´t change anything. I just can´t start the product.

I tried the manual installation of the SQLExpress Server (2008 SP2, 2008R2, 2005 SP3) always the same result --> no DB created --> product not usable...

I have absolutly no clue how to solve this issue.

This is the ISO I used for install "Sym_System_Recovery_2011_10.0.0.40076_Management_Solution_64-bit.iso"  This is also the only one Symantec offers me for download.

Please adivse I have no Ideas left...

kind regards and thx in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

You should be able to get it here:

https://fileconnect.symantec.com/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

Where are you downloading the ISO from? SP1 (10.0.1.x) is now available which does support 2008 R2 SP1 - I would advise you to use the 10.0.1.x build.

loppo247
Level 2

Through the licensing center --> via get Software. I do not see SP1. So I can only download ver. 10.0.0

can you advise where to get the 10.0.1 build

thx

criley
Employee Accredited

You should be able to get it here:

https://fileconnect.symantec.com/