cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification of Incremental Dependincies? Recovery Manager Option?

Formula84
Level 3

Hello we have a few clients running both BESR 2010 and Shadow Protect from StorageCraft.  One thing that I see the ShadowProtect has built in is a verification of Incremental Dependencies.

I know that there is a Verify option that is part of the Job and we do have that turned on, but I believe this just verifies the recovery point incremental it just created and not the chain itself.

Example would be we have a Monthly running and for whatever reason day 15 becomes corrupt after it has been backed up and verified already...then the server fails completely on the 28th and we attempt to restore only to find out we can only make it back to the 14th because the 15th broke the chain of good backups to the current fail date? 

Is there any options in the Advanced Recovery Manager?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Yep, your right the verify option ony checks the recovery point created. But when you enable this option then in the end the chain is also checked as each full/incremental backup is verified individually. Regarding "Advanced Recovery Manager", is this a Symantec product ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Yep, your right the verify option ony checks the recovery point created. But when you enable this option then in the end the chain is also checked as each full/incremental backup is verified individually. Regarding "Advanced Recovery Manager", is this a Symantec product ?

Formula84
Level 3

Problem is over time the backups may corrupt, I have seen this happen already, using Image Manager from Shadow Protect it will periodically (7 day default) re-verify all the files to ensure the chain dependency is not broken.  And yes the Option I am inquiring about is the Symantec Managment solution for System Recovery but is designed for large scale thats why I was hoping there would be some advanced features like re-verification.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Regarding "Advanced Recovery Manager", is this a Symantec product ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news in here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any Updates here ?