cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas System Recovery 16 - available now!

criley
Employee Accredited

Veritas System Recovery (VSR) 16 is now available.

New features in VSR 16 include:

• Support for Windows Server 2016
  • Support for SQL 2016
  • Support for vSphere 6.5 (* currently no support for P2V functionality)
  • Rebranded to Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

For more details, please refer to:

Trialware is available at http://go.veritas.com/try-system-recovery

Please use this forum thread for any questions about VSR 16.

25 REPLIES 25

Joseph_Lai
Level 4

Still no support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 !? Any plan to support it in future release?

criley
Employee Accredited

@Joseph_Lai

I will need to check on this but can you confirm which specific version you are asking about here - 7.0, 7.1 etc ?

@criley

Hello ! I am very happy to meet again Criley's blog ! Since year 2016 I am using SSR 2013 R2 SP6 with Windows 10 Anniversary and, now, with the Creators Update. It works fine. I read here, from JAta2, that Veritas proposes to update to System Recovery 16 (VSR 16). Question: is it recommended for me, as a simple user, to change ? Thanks. :)

criley
Employee Accredited

@unpeujuste

It is always recommended to upgrade to the latest version where possible (current latest version is VSR 16 SP1). If you have active maintenance, you should be entitled to a free upgrade.

@criley

Hello !

May I consider that VSR 16 SP1 is a normal update for SSR 2013 R2 SP6 (desktop edition) ? This question because in that case there is no need to, first, delete SSR before updating. Thanks for your advice. :)

criley
Employee Accredited

@unpeujuste

Yes, you can upgrade from 2013 R2 SP6 to VSR 16 SP1 - there is no need to remove the older version first.

However, as this is a new version of the product, it will require a new license (so you should first confirm that you have licenses for VSR 16).