cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas System Recovery 18 - Recovery point set "Greyed Out"

bobby_bruce
Level 3

I have a system that I am trying to Define a new backup on and the Recovery point set option is greyed out for some reason. I have removed the other backup job that was there because it was set for weekly Independent recovery points. 

bobby_bruce_0-1661189627789.png

There are no jobs defined but for some reason like I said, I cannot define a new Set. 

Any help would be great!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bobby_bruce
Level 3

I found resolution through a full uninstall of the software. 

Not sure why it required me to do that, but it is now working.  

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I seems to me that VSR thinks there is still a backup job configured for that volume. You can try to delete the PQJ file under c:\programdata\veritas\veritas system recovery\schedule.

akihiro1
Employee

Please create a job for EFI partition, a job for Recovery Partition, a job for C drive, and etc.
We can isolate which volume is grayed out for backups of recovery point set.

I deleted this as recommended, rebooted the machine and have the same result; everything is still greyed out. 

I tried making a job for each drive individually and each one is greyed out on their own as well. 

Here is an example: In this screen shot I only have the C:\ selected. I told VSR not to include related drives, so it is specifically looking at C:\. I did this for each drive like I said, and the result is the same. 

bobby_bruce_0-1661258420889.png

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

OK, next try. Can you run fixinstall.bat and reboot the machine afterwards?

Can you provide more detailed instruction on running this? 

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

The file is located in c:\program files\veritas\veritas system recovery. Just run it as Admin.

I ran fixinstall.bat as admin, rebooted, it does not appear to have fixed anything. 

bobby_bruce
Level 3

Any thoughts on next steps to take? 

bobby_bruce
Level 3

I found resolution through a full uninstall of the software. 

Not sure why it required me to do that, but it is now working.  

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Happy to hear that.