cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas System Recovery (VSR) 18: Available now!

criley
Employee Accredited

Please refer to the following blog for details of the latest release of our System Recovery product:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-Recovery-Community-Blog/Veritas-System-Recovery-18-is-here/ba-p/84...

Documentation is available here:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/DocumentBrowsing.html?product=System%20Recovery&versio...

Let us know if you have any questions on this.

25 REPLIES 25

gardis
Level 4

Nice with a new version of VSR - but why is Veritas license portal VEMS always updated last?

We, who are paying customers and have agreements, receive no updates in the license portal.
There should be the first place to update.

I have opened a support case, but it is the same show every time.  

criley
Employee Accredited

@gardis

What exactly is the issue? I assume something to do with the license for VSR 18?

We, who pay for the service, will get this delivered with the Veritas Entitlement Management System.

Here we will also get or new license keys.

But there is no version 18 on the portal.

One question.
Does the license keys for version 16 also work for 18 - or does we need new ones?

criley
Employee Accredited

@gardis

Licenses keys for 16 will not work with 18 I'm afraid.

I'll try and find out what is going on regarding the v18 license keys but, in the meantime, you can install/upgrade and use the 60-day trial period.

Thanks Criley.
I have a question reference nr: 180206-001306.

criley
Employee Accredited

@gardis

I've been told that our IT team are working on this. I'll provide more details once I know more about this issue.

UPDATE: I've been told that this should be fixed now. @gardis - can you check and confirm please?

No, it dosen´t work.

The software is there - but the Licence Key Generator dosen´t work (see attached photo). 
If you give me your e-mail address you can get CC for the case.   

I can only say that it is not easy to be a customer and administrator for this software.

We are very pleased with the software but the customer relations and the use of Veritas Entitlement Management System are under all criticism.

We, as coustumers, have never received any mailupdates regarding the status of service packs or new versions. Same show with SSR 11.0, 11.1, 16.0, 16.1, 16.2 and now 18.

There is always a lot of discussions with the customer service each time with different cases to the right and left. It did not make it easier to get between the chairs on Symantec/Veitas.

Little goodwill with extended subscription would not be entirely wrong.
It's usually you, criley, who solves the problems. So, all honors to you!

criley
Employee Accredited

@gardis

Apologies, I understand that the issue is STILL being worked on. I have just followed up to see what the latest is on this issue.

I can only say that it is not easy to be a customer and administrator for this software.

We are very pleased with the software - but the customer relations and the use of "Veritas Entitlement Management System" are under all criticism.

We, as coustumers, have never received any mailupdates regarding the status of service packs or new versions. Same show with SSR 11.0, 11.1, 16.0, 16.1, 16.2 and now 18.    

There is always a lot of discussions with the customer service each time with different cases to the right and left. It did not make it easier to get between the chairs on Symantec / Veritas.

Little goodwill with extended subscription would not be entirely wrong.
It's usually you, criley, who solves the problems. So, all honors to you!

gardis
Level 4

Friends.
It has now been a week without any progress - this is embarrassing.
Veritas work with licenses every day and can not give your customers valid licenses for which we pay.

criley
Employee Accredited

@gardis

Sorry this is taking so long but I have been told that we are close to having a fix for this. I'll update back here once the fix is confirmed as being ready.

As I mentioned before, in the meantime, please just use the 60-day trial period that is available when you install (or upgrade) VSR 18.

Thanks for your patience.

Answer from the support:

"However, there is no ETA on when this will be fixed. We would advise you not to install it until license generation is available. Trial mode for SR 18 does not include all features, so we do not advise you to run the upgrade in trial mode.  There are also no temporary keys for System Recovery".

criley
Employee Accredited

@gardis

I've been told by our licensing team that the fix for this should be available by the 24th Feb.

EDIT: To add, the trial version is very close to being fully functional. The only features not available are:

*The following features are unavailable with this FREE 60 day trial: Backing up My Computer and Virtual to Physical conversions from the Veritas System Recovery Disk.

Details here: https://www.veritas.com/trial/en/us/system-recovery-18

criley
Employee Accredited

@gardis

I'm told that the licensing issue with VSR 18 in the VEMS portal is now resolved. Please let me know if you encounter any issues with this.

@criley everything works fine now.
Thanks for your help!

cconstable99
Level 1

Hello,

Should I be able to download the new version (18) via the VEMS portal now?

I've upgraded/generated license keys for it but its not appearing in the "Downloads" section.

Am I missing a step?

Many thanks

Chris.