cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertias Recovery Error EC950020

Harley51
Level 4

When I try to recover using the recovery disk I only show the last backup made. If I chose all files I can chose an older backup but I get this Error EC950020: Enter a valid system index filename to continue. If I use an older recovery disk from Vertias 16 I can chose any file I want with no problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

One other thing you could try. When selecting which files to restore there is an option to view the recovery points by file name.

Try selecting the recovery point this way.

See page 293 of the users guide (https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/38007533-38009751-1)

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Do you use VSR 18 SP4?

Yes 18.0.4.57077. The older backups were SP3

What I noticed that all the backup images have a V2I file extension. When you use the SP4 recovery DVD it changes the last backup image to a SV2I file extension. It will error out if you use all files to get to get to the provious files that are V2I extensions.If I use a recovery DVD that I made in 2018. This doesn't happen. I made a new recovery DVD using SP3 and the results are the same.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Can you post a listing of the place where you store the backups e.g. dir \\SOMESERVER\SOMESHARE please?

The backups are stored on D:/. Is this what your looking for. When you try to restore it's asking for System Index File

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So this looks like your are only doing full backups right, since there are no iV2i files.

That's correct

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, sounds like should file a case.

Do you know where I should start.

Since the software is part of the Vertias beta program Vertias.com does not support it.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Not any longer.

VSR 18 SP4 was GA on September 2nd, but they told nobody :(

Please try downloading from here

I called them and their the ones that said unless I had an entitlment they couldn't help.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

One other thing you could try. When selecting which files to restore there is an option to view the recovery points by file name.

Try selecting the recovery point this way.

See page 293 of the users guide (https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/38007533-38009751-1)

Thank you sir that looks like it worked. I'm going to due a backup and restore just to make sure. Again thank you. I'll let you know how it works out.

It worked out great. I loaded up the old DVD and it defaults on Date.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Smiley Happy