cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Symantec System Recovery 2013 (Server Version) support drives larger than 16TB?

atalig
Level 3

I found this link:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH173758

This link states that BESR 8.0x through SSR 2013 does not support drives larger than 16 TB in size.

And the link states that at this time, there is no solution of workaround.

So....when will Symantec provide a Patch or Upgrade to allow SSR 2013 Server version to  support drives larger than 16TB in size?

Thank you -

6 REPLIES 6

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

The fastest way to learn of any changes regarding this is to subscribe to the Technote you referenced

NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made."

thanks

criley
Employee Accredited

I am checking on this ...

atalig
Level 3

Hi Chris,

I appreciate you checking on this for me.   I work for a Government facility and we would like use SSR 2013 for our Backup Solution within one of our smaller labs.

Our Project would have purchased SSR 2013, but since I ran into some backup issues with SSR 2011 trying to recognize a server drive that is 30TB is size and finding out that SSR2011 & SSR 2013 are both not supporting drives larger than 16TB....the purchase is on hold.

Again, thank you for trying to get an answer for me.

Jessie Atalig -

criley
Employee Accredited

So I checked into this and I don't have great news I'm afraid.

The current version of the product (2013 SP2) does not support drives of 16TB or larger. The next release of SSR (later this year) also wont have this support but it is being looked at for the release after that. Not the news you were looking for I appreciate.

If anything changes, I will let you know.

atalig
Level 3

Hey Chris,

Is there any other Symantec Product version that will recognize drives larger than 30TB?

Thank you ,

Jessie

criley
Employee Accredited

Maybe NetBackup but I'm not sure. Perhaps ask the question in the NetBackup forums ....