cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who supports MySymantec website?

Linas
Level 6

Under Products and Maintenance no current products are listed only products from 2007

also i get errors when trying to create case

Submit the Case

" Your attempt to submit a case to Symantec has failed due to an invalid Product/Version. You can check the product/version and resubmit the case, or contact technical support Symantec Technical Services"

Who do I contact?

And how to select the correct Product name to get to correct queue for the correct support 

61 REPLIES 61

Linas
Level 6

Still can not get help from Symantec

Can not create case

Products listed in correctly

When ever I call no one knows who to call and can not help

I called my rep but she is in sales and con not help?

I did get one response they told my backlight was working on this but no updates

I like the idea of submitting cases online rather than calling on hold create case in wrong queue waiting on hold getting sent to correct queue on hold on hold

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Are you eligible to submit cases via e-mail ? This would also be an alternative.

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

I think what you have is Symantec Protection Suite Enterprise Edition which includes BESR Desktop 2010. Why not try to select the Symantec Protection Suite Enterprise Edition.

Linas
Level 6

Wow what a great idea

but who do i emal?noreply@connect.symantec.com   dont repl 

they just dont reply ?

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

Try to choose Symantec Protection Suite Enterprise Edition 3.0 becuase this product includes BESR Desktop 2010 in creating a case.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

No there is a different adress for that. I'll send you a message with the adress.

Linas
Level 6

I just got I reply for support on the case I made yesterday under SEP

As I was afraid I am in the SEP support queue he has no idea about the BESR2010 Management consol and how to configure it

How is this help????????????????

WRONG PRODUCT SUPPORT

Linas
Level 6

I don’t understand SPS and BESR are totally separate products

They have nothing in common why would antivirus support backup well it’s not a backup solution at all it’s a management solution

Why would I try to get support from them

criley
Employee Accredited

Linas,

Have you tried to contact our customer care team yet?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_information.jsp

That's probably your best option. If they cannot help, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

Linas
Level 6

I didn’t think Symantec cared about there customers but hay I’ll try anything once

One can only hope

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any results ?

Linas
Level 6

I call every time I need support at least six times in the last two months and I always start

I tried to make a case on the MySymantec.com site and ask if they can help to fix and they asked what platform it was running on I told them I didn’t know because it was there website then they put me in BE queue for support and so on

But no one ever had an idea on who to call or contact to get this problem any attention

But this time I have a case number so we will see what happens

I don’t know if I can hold my breath all day waiting in anticipation of there call

Linas
Level 6

I the mean time I have been having a private chat with _-heart-_ a Symantec employee

And she telling me I am not entitled to BESR2010MS

And that I need to purchase Symantec Protection Suite Enterprise Edition for Servers

When every thing she sent me and others for Symantec sales shows it is included

Like http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/fact_sheets/b-sps-ee-servers_DS_21027147.en-us.pdf

And this doesn’t have a lot of thing I need in my Enterprise like backup on desktops and laptops 

criley
Employee Accredited

And she telling me I am not entitled to BESR2010MS

What does she mean by this? BESR-MS is free....

Linas
Level 6

I don’t know free verses purchased

Maybe they think because its free we didn’t purchase so we don’t have it?

Maybe we need a judge to resolve this

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

The SPS EE 3.0 includes the BESR 2010. The BESR 2010 has the BESR Management Solution  and its free. You may go to fileconnect.symantec.com, use your serial number for the SPS EE 3.0 that you have and you will be able to see the BESR Management Solution. If you want to confirm this, you may call the licensing team so you can be assisted in the fileconnect website.

Linas
Level 6

Like magic my Private messages got taken over by Queue

The person _-heart-_ is gone no record of this person and all messages are renamed

Any way he confirmed that SPSEE does include Management Solution

This guy is like God so I believe him

I guess they don’t care that other Symantec Employees are stressing out there customers about there products and lying to them about what they have and don have

Linas
Level 6

So I guess we are way off topic here

Who supports MySymantec Website?

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

Hello Linas,

MySymantec website is being supported by Customer Care. MySupport website is being supported by Technical Department.

Linas
Level 6

Support did give me a case number

But no activity on the case as of yet five days and no update on MySupport Case detail 

Create Date :

Feb 24, 2011 9:07:06 PM (GMT)