cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wie kann man einen Ordner samt Unterverzeichnissen und Dateien wiederherstellen?

Matthias_Muel1
Level 3
Partner

Wir nutzen Symantec System Recovery 2011.

Kürzlich habe ich bestimmte Verzeichnisse gesichert. Nun möchte ich eins dieser Verzeichnisse komplett wiederherstellen.

1. Schritt: Ich starte die Symantec System Recovery 2011 Benutzeroberfläche.

2. Schritt: Ich klicke auf "Eigene Dateien wiederherstellen".

3. Schritt: Ich gebe den Namen des Ordners in das Suchfeld "Nach wiederherzustellenden Dateien suchen" ein.

4. Schritt: Der Ordner wird in der Trefferliste angezeigt. Ich klicke mit der rechten Maustaste auf den Ordner.

Im nun erscheinenden Kontextmenü ist der Punkt "Dateien wiederherstellen..." leider deaktiviert (grau). Ich habe nur eine Option: "Öffnen".

Kann mir jemand erklären, wie ich nun einen Ordner wiederherstellen kann? Am besten auf ein beliebiges Ziellaufwerk..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

This is the current design of the product. I agree that it could be better..

What you have to do is choose 'open' and then select the files you want to restore. This will also restore the folder structure as well. It would make sense if you could just select the top-level folder and recover that in one go but this functionality is not in the product at the moment.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Ist das Backup ein File&Folder Backup oder ein Volume Backup ?

Matthias_Muel1
Level 3
Partner

Woran erkenne ich das?

Die Sicherungsdaten sind filebasiert. Es wird hier auch kein ganzes Volume gesichert, sonder nur ausgewählte Verzeichnisse. Also: File Backup.

Das Komische ist: Einzelne Dateien können wiederhergestellt werden, die Ordner jedoch irgendwie nicht.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Ui, das File&Folder Backup verwende ich nicht, weil dieses Feature nicht enterprise-ready ist. Aber wenn Sie ihrer Frage auf Englisch im Forum in einem neuen Thread posten, kann ich es zum Support eskalieren. Vielleicht haben die eine Idee.

Matthias_Muel1
Level 3
Partner

Vielen Dank für die angebotene Hilfe.

Wir verwenden SSR2011 auf einer Workstation. Deshalb auch nur ein File Backup. Aber das Programm ist ja eigentlich auch extra für File Backups ausgelegt. Und einzelne Dateien lassen sich ja auch wiederherstellen. Aber das muss doch auch mit ganzen Ordnern funktionieren??!

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Bitte halten Sie mich auf dem Laufenden !

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you describe the problem in English please? Maybe I can help then..

Matthias_Muel1
Level 3
Partner

Hello Chris,

thanks in advance for your help.

How can I restore one certain folder with all it's subfolders (preferably to a new destination/disk, if the backuped source is no longer available)?

My procedure so far: Within the SSR2011 gui I click on "Restore my files and folders..." and then search for the desired folder, so it appears in the hit list. But if I then click on this folder with the right mouse button, the context menue shows no option to restore this folder. The only option is "Open" to show what's inside.

criley
Employee Accredited

This is the current design of the product. I agree that it could be better..

What you have to do is choose 'open' and then select the files you want to restore. This will also restore the folder structure as well. It would make sense if you could just select the top-level folder and recover that in one go but this functionality is not in the product at the moment.

Matthias_Muel1
Level 3
Partner

Hello Chris,

this makes it clear to me, thanks.

But in that case we have to choose another backup tool, beacause we abundantly have to restore complete paths and sometimes restore to a new destination, too.

SSR2011 is an easy-to-use program for restore individual files. But here it won't fit. It's a pity.

Regards

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So may I ask you to mark this post as solved ?

criley
Employee Accredited

I understand your comments and have raised this topic again internally. Hopefully things will change soon with regards this issue.

I would encourage you to submit this request via the Ideas section as well:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

criley
Employee Accredited

Quick update for you...

I've discussed this internally with our engineering team. They are now looking to fix this issue in the next version of the product (SSR 2013).

Hope that helps.

Matthias_Muel1
Level 3
Partner

Thank you very much.