cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be an update to support Windows 10 before transition to Veritas?

Rastasandwich
Level 3

Just heard that our beloved (!) SSR 2013 R2 will transition to become a Veritas product.

Was wondering if we will see any new build (to support Windows 10) before this happens....

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

Support for Windows 10 is coming but exact timeframe is not yet available (Microsoft have only just announced that GA for Windows 10 is end of July).

drewbpearson21
Level 2

Hi Chris, I just heard also, does anyone know what the procedure will be, do we have to change product altogether?  Will I be able to use Sym SSR R2 as I currently do?  Does anyone know anything of how it will affect my current situation? :)  thank you very much!

Best,

Drew

criley
Employee Accredited

Well, the current version of SSR (2013 R2 SP2) does not support Windows 10. Support will be added in a future service pack (as I said, exact timeframe not available at this point).

So the current version *may* work for you but no guarantees. And if you run into any problems, you wont be able to get any official support from Symantec/Veritas. Once Windows 10 is added to the SCL (http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC7527), that's when you know we officially support it.

I will provide more details when they become available. Hope this helps.

drewbpearson21
Level 2

Thx Chris for responding!  So, when Veritas does split I have a couple questions that I hope you can answer :)

1. after the split will SSR R2 still work?

2. will there be any further updates?

3. will there be any continued support?

4. will the name change?

5. will I have to download new software from veritas?

6. if I buy a 3 yr license for SSR tomorrow, will it still be good in 3 yrs??

7. will the SSR R2 Monitor still be able to track the clients after the split?

No one seems to know anything about this when I talk to them on the phone at symantec, they just say it will still work, which leaves a lot of unanswered questions as you can plainly see :) 

Thank you so much for any answers you can give me.

All the best,

Drew

criley
Employee Accredited

SSR will be a Veritas product, as shown here: https://www.symantec.com/products-solutions/products/

I will try to answer some of your questions ...

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
  4. I don't know
  5. Only when new updates become available
  6. I assume so but I would suggest checking this with our customer care / licensing team
  7. Yes

Hope this helps.