cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

CQ
Level 5

Hi all,

Microsoft is supposed to roll out the Windows 10 Anniversary Upgarde on 8/2/16.  Is the latest version of SSR compatible with that?

Thanks,

CQ

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

We are not going to get a definitive answer on this until approx 16th August, really sorry it is going to take this long.

I personally have done some very basic testing here in a virtual machine and have not noticed any problems so far. Please don't take this as an official response from Veritas though.... we need confirmation from our QA team to confirm official support/compatibility.

Hope this helps.... although I know this response is far from ideal.

View solution in original post

criley
Employee Accredited

Sorry for the delay, I was out of office last week.

Some good news; testing is complete and no problems were found so we claim official support now.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

criley
Employee Accredited

Let me check on this and get back to you ..

weff
Level 4

Has Microsoft issued any Beta versions of this Anniversary edition ?  I can't recall seeing any.

If not, and if the system id changes then we might very well be in an identical situation to the transition from W8.1 to W10.

My view though is that this should be just another incremental update like the 1511 rollout release of some months ago.

Hopefully just Business as usual.

Geoff

CQ
Level 5

The Windows 10 Anniversary Beta has been available in the Microsoft Insider program.  I have been running it in a VM for a few months. Microsoft has been continually issuing updates and fixes.  I view this as more of a Service Pack.  They have added new features.  I would HOPE Veritas has been on top of this as opposed to the long delay when Symantec was running the show. I am very curious what Chris will report back and am a bit concerned.

CQ

Chris,

The Anniversary Edition (feature 1607) is officially being offered.  I already have 2 machines that want to download it.  Where do we stand on this compatability issue?

Thanks,

CQ

criley
Employee Accredited

@CQ

I am currently waiting for an update on this. I hope to get a definitive answer on this in the next day or so.... sorry for the delay on this one.

criley
Employee Accredited

We are not going to get a definitive answer on this until approx 16th August, really sorry it is going to take this long.

I personally have done some very basic testing here in a virtual machine and have not noticed any problems so far. Please don't take this as an official response from Veritas though.... we need confirmation from our QA team to confirm official support/compatibility.

Hope this helps.... although I know this response is far from ideal.

Thanks Chris!  Hopefully, we will get a positive answer.  Some of us are also having some issues with other non Veritas apps so we wait lol.

Any definitive answer on this yet?

Thanks

CQ

criley
Employee Accredited

Sorry for the delay, I was out of office last week.

Some good news; testing is complete and no problems were found so we claim official support now.

Great! One less thing to worry about in current problems with release 1607.

CQ