Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 and System Recovery 8.5.5 backup error

Chris_L1
Level 4
Partner
I got the following error with System Recovery 8.5.5 and Windows 7:
Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of  (C:\). Error E0BB001B: Cannot lock volume C:\ because it contains the OS or has an active paging file. Error EBAB03F1: The volume contains system or paging files.
Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery
I know that Windwos 7 7600 is not supported yet but I really want to have a hot-backup on that particular machine.
I use Full VSS option and I am backing up on a network share. I've already checked up the permissions and account credentials that I use, but it still fails.

6 REPLIES 6

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Hi Chris,

It's not that its just incompatible, BESR 8.5.5 will not work in Windows 7.

BESR 2010 releases in the coming weeks, which will allow you to image Windows 7 and 2008 R2 machines.

If you are interested in the BESR 2010 beta program, please visit: https://symbeta.symantec.com/login.html

Chris_L1
Level 4
Partner
Ok, I'll participate in this program...
Thanks

Pberry
Not applicable
I just wanted to let you know that after a few hours of trial and error, I was able to use 8.5 to back up and restore onto Windows 7,  64 bit.  I kept getting the errors as well.  I loaded the Windows 7 disk and chose the repair option.  After a few attempts, everything came out great.  I am still looking forward to the new release though, hopefully it wont be such a pain.

ioniancat21
Level 5
It looks as if the beta program is now closed. I signed up and have logged in successfully, unfortunately there is no software available to download. On the bright side this must mean the real release is just around the corner. In another post I heard the release is scheduled for tomorrow. Can anyone confirm this???

Thanks, CAT

criley
Employee Accredited
Yes, BESR 2010 was released today: http://support.veritas.com/docs/335863.

ryansumm2
Level 3
Hello Where can we download this from ? Trialware and fileconnect just bringing up 8.5.5 versions

many thanks ryan