cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 Update 1

lucasan65
Level 3

Hi, is System Recovery 2013 Sp2 compatible with Windows 8.1 Update 1? If not when will be compatible?

9 REPLIES 9

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

According to http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH201318 i'd go for yes.

criley
Employee Accredited

Not yet I'm afraid. Please refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH211263.

That's not to say it wont work, it's just not officially supported yet.

lucasan65
Level 3

Hi, I saw that post, but I do not understand why after almost 2 months is not yet compatible. Can a technical Symantec give a release date, otherwise I'll have to change the product since Microsoft wants to deploy the new updates only if Windows 8.1 is updated with Update 1

FROM blog Microsoft TechNet:

Users who have elected to install updates manually will have 30 days to install Windows 8.1 Update  on Windows 8.1 devices; after this 30-day window - and beginning with the May Patch Tuesday, Windows 8.1 user's devices without the update installed will no longer receive security updates. This means that Windows 8.1 users - starting patch Tuesday in May 2014 and beyond - will require this update to be installed.  If the Windows 8.1 Update is not installed, those newer updates will be considered “not applicable.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Thanks Chris for pointing this out - I was not aware of that.

criley
Employee Accredited

I cannot give you a firm date for when 'official' support will be available. I wish I could so please don't shoot the messenger.

As I said earlier, it's not officially supported which means it has not been specifically tested by QA. That's not to say it wont work and you should not be denied support should you need to open a case with Technical Support.

I personally have done some basic testing with Update 1 and have not hit any issues so far.

I hope this helps in some way. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

lucasan65
Level 3

Ok Thanks Chris.

Jzpr
Not applicable

Hello,

I am also using SSR 2013 with Windows 8.1 Update and have had no problems with backups and restoration.

Regards.

Gonad
Level 4

Jzpr,

When you say that you have had no problems with backups and restoration, exactly what type of restoration have you performed?

Restoration of individual files from within Windows or a full image restore via a boot disk?

Alan

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here?