cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application error 1808 19225 19230. file image corrupted, to be done an integrity check on the file

sere
Level 2
the application error occur when we try to reboot the system with the CD drive. how we make the integrity check on the image file and more generally how we solve the problem, because the reboot process stop and take us on new start (on a circle). the PC is ACER travel mate 2200                                                                                                  
Message Edited by sere on 08-08-2008 08:26 PM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Be sure that the ACER travel mate 2200 meets the hardware specifications for the recovery disk as specified in the Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery User's Guide: Preparing for installation Table 2-1; page 22 (English guide) You can check the image using the recovery point browser on a system which Backup Exec System Recovery has been installed. Please refer to the following link: http://support.veritas.com/docs/298056

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Be sure that the ACER travel mate 2200 meets the hardware specifications for the recovery disk as specified in the Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery User's Guide: Preparing for installation Table 2-1; page 22 (English guide) You can check the image using the recovery point browser on a system which Backup Exec System Recovery has been installed. Please refer to the following link: http://support.veritas.com/docs/298056

sere
Level 2

I forgot to make a probably important specification, the CDs that are driven to reboot the system were given by Acer directly, when we bought the PC. Another think that I did not submit is: this PC was troubled by a virus, when this happened there was no chance to reboot with the original set of CDs so we did it with an unproper version of Window XP, now we are trying to reboot whith the original version as I say before, can this be the problem?

WE PUSHED THE SOLUTION BY MISTAKE, VERY SORRY

sere
Level 2

i want to reestablish the system as it was when i got it from the shop. step 1 system cd in everything right  step2 instead when i am ask (from the computer) to put the recovery cd the process start but after some time the same error come out first decompression error than another error come; verify the integrity of the image ghost file, and everything stop. what can i do?

marcogsp
Level 6
Does the image you are trying to restore pass the integrity checks offered by the Recovery Point Browser?  If it does, then using the Copy Recovery Point feature to recompile the image may help.  Assuming the integrity check is ok...................Highlight the image name,   File...... Copy Recovery Point.   Select a known good destination for the copied image and a lower compression option if possible.  The Copy Recovery Point  process will recompile the image to the new location.  When booted into the recovery environment, use the recompiled image to restore the system.

If the integrity checks fail, or the Copy Recovery Point process fails, then the image is most likely damaged beyond repair.

Best of Luck

ThirdWaveTrader
Not applicable
My Dell Precision M90 had a virus infection this weekend.  So, I called Dell support and they sent me out a restore CD.  I tried running it today and Application Error 19230 came up saying "Ghost has detected corruption in the image file.  Please perform an integrity check on the image.  If this problem persists, contact..."

How do I perform an integrity check on the image?  What image?  Help!!!